Now, for sure there was no antibacterial soap when we were kids. Lysol came in a brown bottle with a skull and crossbones on it. Antibiotic cream was either merchurochrome or iodine, again with the requisite skull and crossbones.
Purell did not exist. If it had, anyone using it would have been called Sissy or worse.
I need an ever larger purse to carry all the NOW necessities of life. These are the ones just to keep me alive and thriving against all manner of airborne and otherwise transmitted illnesses and microbes.
I have had to make room next to the requisite Kleenex for toothbrush and toothpaste,deodorant ( for long days) hand sanitizer, toilet seat covers, and wipesas well as
Febreeze air freshener in travel size. I have not yet started carrying Depends however!
Though, at my mother's insistance, for years I carried clean underwear in case I was in an accident. The doctors at the hospital would not see the old ones. I never did understand exactly WHEN during the accident I was supposed to change into the clean, new ones. Mom never told me that part.
Given that hindsight is 20 20, makes you kid of wonder how it is we are still all alive!
1 comment:
"Purell did not exist"....Neither did car seats, seat belts, bike helmets, pedophiles on every corner, cell phones, and plenty of other stuff. Somehow we survived. Unbelievable!
Post a Comment