Yesterday I was driving to my monthly massage appointment. I was cutting time kind of close, so I was not very happy to get stuck at the light at Old Baltimore Pike and Delaware Route 896.
Now it was still July, my least favorite month of all next to January and was still very warm. The air conditioning in the truck has inconveniently chosen this summer ( possibly the hottest on record) to give up the ghost. Therefore, when I go it is with both windows in the down position.
While waiting for this interminable light to change, I noticed leaves fluttering across the hood of my vehicle. Suddenly, a leaf floated into the truck through the driver side window and landed itself right in my lap. I immediately thought of the movie Forrest Gump and how the bird's feather floated right down to him.
The vehicle in the lane next to me beeped his horn to get my attention and rolled his window down so he could speak with me. His words were"Hey! Just like in Forrest Gump, HUH?". I was kind of surprised that he made the same connection that I had. No, I was QUITE surprised!
I waved back at him holding the leaf up to show that I had caught it and told him that great minds MUST run along the same lines. We were still laughing when the light changed and we went our separate ways.
Now, I have a treasure box here at home. It contains some rather strange stuff. I have a smooth rock from the North East river and a piece of clear glass from the C&D canal. I do have a bird feather that appeared as if by magic on the walk at the courthouse right before me last week. There are also some trinkets from childhood. Now there is a leaf to be added to the collection.
I do believe in signs, portents and things that make one go "HMMMMMMMMMMM!" Everything happens for a reason, and the things that seem haphazard mean that you are where you are supposed to be to get the message from the Universe. I am finding recently, that there are events coming full circle in my life now that actually have their roots some 50 years ago. The circles have swung so far out that now they are closing.
I find it a comforting feeling. Gives me a sense of Oneness with the collective, if you will. Laugh if you must, but believe that the feather and the rock and the leaf are now ensconced in my treasure box. They will remain there, coincidence or not.

1 comment:
Gives new meaning to 'what goes around, comes around..' Symmetry is all.
Post a Comment